Friday, December 29, 2006

My Christmas presents


Would it be wrong to post about what I was given for Christmas? Would it be creepy and inappropriate? Would it be gloaty or cruel?

I say no.

I say for the purposes of sharing the love, of acknowledging the deep well of sincerity and care that influenced these gifts, and for thanking my friends and family, here's the deets.

(Some details have been changed to protect the innocent).


  • Baking book

  • Homemade bonbons for Christmas morning

  • Deep blue baking dish

  • Funky blue mixing bowl

  • Cycling gloves

  • Big pile of books (yay for books and yay for me posting the wishlist here!)

  • Stuff from the Body Shop and Lush

  • Gorgeous mini-teapot and cup for one

  • Couple of shirts

  • New oven thermometer (I took the old one out of the oven on its maiden voyage and tossed it carelessly into a full sink of cold water. Then I needed a new one...)

  • Pretty gold dog brooch, in a handmade mini wooden box, sealed and varnished and decorated. Beautiful!

  • A CD I wanted

  • Another cake stand to match my pretty bowl

  • Subscription to Donna Hay (Wow! I'll be waiting each month by the letterbox)

  • Cute teatowel

  • Set of handpainted Russian dolls, each one smaller and more intricate than the last. Stunning...

  • And last of all, a special item of family jewellery.

There's the list: does it make me look spoilt? Probably. I feel special, though, not spoilt. It's nice to be appreciated, and especially when people take the time to think about who I am and what I would really like. The handmade items were extra-special. I treasure all these gifts, and they make me feel very lucky!

No comments: