Saturday, January 20, 2007

Contraband food

There is a fair bit of contraband food in my kitchen. It gets brought in against my wishes, but I have to tolerate it in the interests of democracy and freedom of food. If I had my way, these insults to the palate would be banned and sent to a kingdom far far away where everyone watches Judge Judy and sits out the front of their houses on couches, wearing their underwear, all day long.


Exhibit A: Maggi curry-flavour noodles. Only curry flavour, mind you. Heaven forbid that we should ever witness any variety among contraband.


Exhibit B: Cadbury chocolate and vanilla swirl icecream. See previous post.


Exhibit C: Masterfoods all-purpose seasoning. I have witnessed this being sprinkled on everything, from vegetables to steak to pasta and even on stirfry. Yes.


Exhibit D: Tomato sauce. Wouldn't be so bad, occasionally, with certain meals, but my little heart breaks when it gets squirted onto everything, and especially my slow-cooked-from-scratch bolognese sauce.


Exhibit E: Kraft cheese singles. Plastic white cheese that doesn't melt under the grill. What the hell kind of cheese is that?

No comments: