Monday, January 01, 2007

Goodnight 2006, good morning 2007

Well, what a year it was! Achievements, struggles, car breakdowns, a terrible terrible oven, new cooking experiences, new learning, lots of movies, another degree completed, and being surrounded by a loving family and beautiful partner. Same hairdresser, same wardrobe (pretty much), same shoes, but some new jewellery (how exciting) and some fun new experiences.

What defined my cooking / creating in 2006?

  1. My Middle-Eastern Feastern and my Vietnamese dinner
  2. Campari, lime and soda / caipiroskas
  3. Green beans with lemon
  4. Pork served with jam or marmalade on the side
  5. Lazy Italian tomato soup
  6. Mashed potatoes
  7. Grapefruit with vanilla
  8. Preserved fruits
  9. Stuffed tomatoes
  10. Frittatas

What do I hope to cook / create in 2007?

  1. My first ever souffle
  2. My first ever hollandaise or bearnaise sauce
  3. A real martini
  4. Kedgeree
  5. More fish, in some new ways, and not just salmon
  6. Pavlova (but for the terrible terrible oven...)
  7. Kangaroo
  8. A dinner for at least eight, possibly ten
  9. A real cocktail party, with gorgeous canapes and some cute modern cocktails
  10. Mastering icing with a piping bag made from scratch

Happy New Year, everyone. Thanks for visiting me and reading about my adventures this year: I'm looking forward to whatever 2007 brings!

No comments: