Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Nigella's chocolate Malteser cake

There it is, in all its filthy decadent glory. Currently residing smug in the fridge. The only thing I had to actually go out and buy for this was one tiny bag of Maltesers, and a jar of Horlick's. The Horlick's was a MUCH better option than when I first made this, and couldn't find Horlick's at the supermarket, and I went with Ovaltine. No way. Now that Buranda Woolies stocks Horlick's, I realise that it's a much finer grain and with a much more delicate flavour than old Ovaltine. It's like Horlick's is your sweet old grandma in her Laura Ashley chair with her Earl Grey and doilies, and Ovaltine is the boofhead kids next door in the pool, swearing and splashing and screaming "MARCO!!!! MAAARCOOOOO!!" all bloody day long. Now that I know the difference, there'll be ne'er an Ovaltine to be seen in my pantry again.

2 comments:

Ange said...

I'd say yours looks pretty good too & either way sure it tasted fantastic too!

Anonymous said...

I do believe I sampled this on my birthday and I must say it was simply delicious and has haunted my dreams for some time since. mmmm. drool on my keyboard.