Monday, December 17, 2007

Garlicky stovetop potatoes


I know I have already talked about these potatoes here, but we made them again last night and they were so great I have to revisit them. You need a good potato: either a kipfler or as I used this time, Dutch cream potatoes. They go into a heavy crockpot with a lid that can go on the stove. I use my Le Creuset, and I'm sure a heavy saucepan would do the trick as well. You put the washed potatoes in the dry pan, with some garlic cloves still in their skins, a bit of olive oil and sea salt. Cook on a low heat with the lid on until tender. You'll have to shake the pot occasionally to make sure they don't burn in one place. When they come out, serve either straight from the pot or piled into a heated serving dish. Scatter with chopped flat-leaf parsley.

No comments: