Saturday, March 22, 2008

Eggs and flowers

I have a collection of Easter eggs tht I have decorated over the years. I blow the insides of the eggs out through a tiny hole and then paint the shells. I like to display them in a tall vase on my Easter table.










This year the vase also contains some stuffed fabric eggs that I made a couple of months ago. They're not great, and I have next to no skill with a needle and thread, but I like them anyway.










Notice the jugful of chocolate eggs? Porkface won them in a competition: guess-how-many-eggs-in-the-jar. He used some mathematical formula to work out the exact number. I said it was cheating, but I guess if you know how to win, you do it.
Plus the eggs do look nice and shiny.
There's also two stems of oriental lilies. They smell just perfect.

No comments: