Thursday, December 04, 2008

Calling all foodies: very interesting

Got an email today.

Hi there Pinky

I am a casting director for the TV industry and I run a company called “A Cast of Thousands”. We have just been briefed on a dream show for a foodie to cast, Masterchef. Below is some information about the show. I am trying to reach out to Australia’s foodie community to get the word out to find the best amateur cooks in the country. I am hoping that you may know of friends who may be interested in the opportunity – I know you’re not updating your blog anymore.

******************

The search is on to find Australia’s first true MasterChef. Network Ten wants every kitchen wannabe from amateur chefs to budding foodies to toss their chef’s hat in the ring…each hoping to become…Australia’s next super Chef.
A real life drama will play out as the contestant’s kitchen courage is put to the ultimate test. From the lows of failure to the highs of success, our cast of characters will be catapulted from starters to mains then desserts and back again.
IN 2009 WE ARE ABOUT TO SEE WHO CAN TAKE THE HEAT…AND WHO HAD BETTER GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!

To apply, go to www.masterchef.com.au

What do you mean, I'm not updating my blog anymore?!?! Isn't a two-day gap acceptable these days? One needs blog downtime, you know!
Sheesh. People these days.

Oh well, who's going to enter? Could be veeeeery interesting.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The British version of this show is very entertaining so it will be interesting to see what they do to it...

Adrasteia said...

Haha - I saw that and I thought "what? she's not updating anymore? But I just read a post..."

Adrasteia said...

Reading the application makes me rather uncomfortable - something like Big Brother with food.

I think it would be cool if it wasn't going to have a reality TV twist to it.

Unfortunately, no one will be able to convince me that they won't "reality tv-ise" it.

Pinky said...

Yeah, to me it seems a little bit scary. I'm picturing tears, shattered dreams, hurled spatulas, the lot. We'll see...

Unknown said...

I saw an ad on tv the other night and it does look like it will be very melodramatic. :-/