Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sushi, my love


Today for lunch I had three sushis from the Sushi Deli place underneath the Wintergarden.

I am unwavering from my convictions: this is the best sushi joint in town. I wanted to get the garlic prawn, or the fried tofu, or the shiitake mushroom, or the chili squid. These were all not ready yet (my fault for having to pick up my lunch at 11am!)

Instead I had a california, a fresh salmon and a teriyaki chicken. They were fabulous...

On another sushal note, on Friday we picked up some takeaway sushi from the Sushi Train in Brunswick St, next to the Coffee Club. These sushis were excellent, but nowhere near the quality of Sushi Deli. They were also nearly $20 (including some chicken karaage, granted) and I think overpriced.

Today's little feast set me back a massive $5.60 and I will remain stuffed full of rice and fish all afternoon. Truly a wonderful treat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn Brisbane and its cheap sushi!

here in denmark it costs something like 40 DKK a roll (thats nearly 10 bucks). Robbery I tells ya!

How you been anyway Sarah?