Thursday, May 17, 2007

Australian food blogs

I now have a more comprehensive list of Australian food blogs. Those that aren't mostly about about food aren't on the list. The list can be found on this page, right at the bottom. Let me know if I missed anyone (ESPECIALLY if you are a Brisbane food blogger! We must be nurtured!)

And what the hell is with Melbourne?!? As if THEY have the only town worth food blogging about... and as if they are the only people around who ever do any cooking.
Glad to see though that the number of Queenslanders with food blogs is slowly increasing.

4 comments:

GS said...

Ah - Melbourne. It's the weather!

Anonymous said...

yes, there has been quite an explosion here! I think partly due to the students although I would've expected the same in Sydney...

of course, it's because the food scene here really is worth blogging about :)

thanh7580 said...

I'm sure Brisbane has lots of food to blog about, but I have to agree with Cindy and say that its because there is such a vast variety of food here that people who are passionate about food will just naturally start to blog about it.

Melbourne has huge ethnic communities like Greeks, Lebanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Italians etc, which means a lot of authentic tasting food.

Pinky said...

Thanks guys, you're right. Variety (and the weather!) probably do have a lot to do with it. It's just me feeling comparatively lonely up here in QLD...!
Thanks for visiting.