Monday, May 07, 2007

Fried polenta, rose harissa and salad sambal


On the lookout for a way to use up the slab of cooked polenta, I came up with this idea for a cute and healthy breakfast.

I cut two slices from the polenta, and then fried then in a shred of olive oil in a non-stick pan for about 5 to 10 minutes. On the side, a dollop of rose harissa for that chili kick-start to the day, and a sambal made from tomato, cucumber, coriander, shallots, parsley, red-wine vinegar, salt and olive oil.

Admittedly, it wasn't really all that filling, and the low protein count meant I was hungry an hour later. Perhaps next time I could add a poached egg, or a slice of ham.

But it was definitely delicious, and for something a bit different, I would make it again in the future... with tweaking, of course.

No comments: