Monday, September 29, 2008

Royal Albert: 100 Years Collection

To commemorate one hundred years of quality bone china, Royal Albert has released its 100 Years Collection. There's a series of ten cup, saucer and plate sets: one for each decade from 1900 to 1990. Some of the designs are replicas of a design from that era, and others have been updated and modernised. I think they are all gorgeous and I want them all. They would go fabulously well with my existing mismatched teaset. I love especially the 1900 Regency Blue design and the 1930 Polka Rose. The 1960 Golden Roses is pretty awesome, but maybe in extremely small doses! Gold overload. There's a set you can buy: either 1900 to 1940, or 1950 to 1990. I think I would prefer the earlier years: they just seem so lovely and delicate.

There's also a matching brooch collection. I must resist.

No comments: